Short Track Practice Days are a practice session for those drifters wanting to hone their skills and have fun. This takes place in Queensland Raceways' Driver Training area situated behind the main spectator mound at the end of the front straight.
The current circuit features a run up in excess of 100 metres into the first fairly open left hander which tightens up into a fairly tight transition into a slow right hander and then another tight Left hander and final right hander into the finish. It has similar features to that of the D1 Odaiba circuit and the JDM Allstars Wembley circuit but on a smaller scale. There is also plenty of room to the left and we use that area for some dry skid pan work like figure 8's and 360's etc.
The layout for the day is as follows:
- The day will be broken up into a morning session and afternoon session.
- The morning session will run from 8am to Midday.
- The afternoon session will run from 12:30pm to 4:30pm.
- There will be a limit of 15 cars per session.
- Each driver is allowed 2 pit crew members per car only.
- Gates open at 7:30am and close at 5pm.
- For the time being there will be no passenger runs.
- You have the option of doing individual runs or tandem runs, it's up to you.
Should I bring ear protection?
Due to the nature of our venue, visitors can expect to experience a certain level of noise from the vehicles taking part. Reduced noise earbuds are available for all visitors, especially children, to get closer to the action without feeling uncomfortable.
Are pets allowed at the tracks?
No dogs are permitted, nor should they be left in your car or in the campsite. Only guide dogs and assistance dogs for the disabled are allowed on site.
Are there any medical facilities?
We have a dedicated Medical Room at Queensland Raceway and Lakeside Park. Staff are qualified first aiders and we always have qualified doctors and medical staff during events.
Can I bring my own food to Queensland Raceways?
Whilst we do have on site cafes at Lakeside Park and Queensland Raceway, you are welcome to bring food and beverages to either of our venues. Our facilities are perfect for a picnic whilst soaking up the entertainment on track.