Australia's best Drift Matsuri events, hosted by Queensland Raceways!
We run 2 Drift Matsuri's per year, the Autumn Matsuri which is typically in March and the Spring Matsuri in October.
Keep an eye out for entry opening times, the entries don't last long so be sure to stay on top of it to avoid missing out!
The Queensland Raceway Drift Matsuri's are the biggest drifting events held in Australia, filling two full days with non-stop drifting action. Starting on track from 8am on Saturday morning and running through to 10pm, then back into it from 8am Sunday morning with it all coming to a close at 4pm on Sunday.
With 250 entries and 4 drifting circuits to choose from you can't run out of new things and new people to see.
On the Friday of the event entry is allowed from 4pm for drivers and their pitcrew. There will be the opportunity to sign in on Friday afternoon, attend a driver's briefing & get your car scrutineered.
- Sign in will begin from 4pm Friday
- Briefing will commence at 5.30pm-8pm Friday afternoon, and will recommence Saturday 7am.
- Scrutineering will be available on Friday afternoon so we can get a head start.
- Shed keys will be available from 4pm. your own padlock will be necessary to secure your garage.
- Pit bays will not be available till Saturday morning.
- There will be security guards on duty the entire event.
- Gates will close for entry at 11.00pm on both the Friday and Saturday nights.
Sign on will commence from 7am. Everyone will need to attend a briefing before being allowed on the circuit. You will also be required to go through scrutineering before being allowed on the circuit.
What we will be looking for during scrutineering:
- Seat belts
- Seats secure
- Door cards/panels present
- Dash of some description present
- All body panels
- Working head lights, tail lights and hazards (if no headlights, then no night driving)
- No major oil leaks
- No scraping parts
- No exhausts out through the bonnet
- Battery attached securely
- Taped battery terminals
- Closed in shoes
- No singlets but t-shirts and shorts will be ok.
We would like to see cars having a fire extinguisher, its not a requirement but it will save your car in a bad situation.
See you all here for an excellent weekend!
Spectator Admission - $30per person for the weekend or $50per person if you wish to camp out on Saturday night!
There are no single day tickets.
Gates open 6:30am Saturday & Sunday
There will be multiple security guards on the gate all night. This is an alcohol & drug free event - your car will be checked upon entry. Any anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in you being removed from our venue.
Passenger bands are available from the control tower after 7.30am Saturday Morning. Passenger Bands cost $5ea.
Passengers must show photo ID. Passengers under 18 will require legal guardian / parental permission i.e Medicare Card and sign the indemnity form. Please call our office for more information.
Refund & Transfer Policy
Queensland Raceways does not offer refunds on entries purchased for QR Drift Matsuri. Selling of entries is not permitted if you can not attend the event, unless authorised by QLD Raceways. A wait list is in place if all driver entries sell out. All transfers of entries must be organised through QLD Raceways & purchaser of entry. If you cannot make the event and would like to transfer your entry, please contact QLD Raceways directly for the current wait list. A transfer fee of $50.00 is applicable to all entry transfers and payable to QLD Raceways. No transfers or swaps after 5pm Sunday the weekend before the event.